Sometimes life seems to run at such a fast and furious speed that I really have trouble keeping up. There are times when life is just a blur. When life gets out of hand like this I find myself thinking like my grandchildren who will be busy playing in the other room or outside and then one of them shouts out “pause the game.” I sometimes wish there was a pause button for real life. Sometimes it is necessary to just stop and take a break or collect your thoughts, and we know this, but keep right on at record breaking speed trying to accomplish the multitude of things that are expected of us. What would happen I wonder if unwanted phone calls were greeted with the message “the number you have reached has paused the game, please try back later.”
When life becomes overwhelming trying to go on without taking a break is sometimes the worst thing you can do. We can become overwhelmed by having a multitude of chores and errands to accomplish as well as becoming overwhelmed with the relationship aspects of our lives. In all of these areas of life we need to learn to “pause the game.” This is not a new problem it’s been around for quite awhile, especially for women. People used to says “stop and smell the roses.” It’s good to be active and goal oriented; but, just remembers to occasionally, pause the game and stop and smell the roses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unit 8
ReplyDelete