Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hello all, I had the best of intentions today. I was going to start my school work this morning and get everything finished by early afternoon. But, the sun was finally out and it was such a beautiful day I went out with my husband and we bought supplies and feed for the new chicks we are about to order. We currently have 7 hens and 3 roosters, and wanted to get more hens. Next week we will order 25 chicks to add to the current chickens.

We also bought dirt for the garden. We live in Central Texas and our area is very rocky. We live on a hill that is mostly rock with about an inch of dust over it. What we grow here naturally is rocks (flint and limestone)thistles, cactus, scorpions, and snakes. What we want to grow is vegetables, herbs, berries and fruit trees. We haven't planted anything yet, we are still planning, but it helps to have the dirt here when we finish the raised beds ( can't dig through the rock).

I hope the sunny weather stays for a while. I'm so tired of cloudy and cold. Today it was in the mid 80s. Now if it would just stay nice like this without going the other way and being to hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment